Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Beginning of Something Little...

On June 23, 2009, my husband’s one year work anniversary, I was suppose to have my period. When I did not have it that day, I went and told Chris that I have not started my period just yet. (I was always on time and I could get it down to the minute when I was going to start) So I knew something was up. But, when I told Chris I had not started my period, he had this stressed-out look on his face, like “what did I just do?… what did I get myself into?” After I told him, we waited for about a week, just to see if I would have my period. I ended up not having my period, so we went to Walmart and bought
five take home, 99.9% accurate, pregnancy tests. When we got home I took the first test and the results said, “NEGATIVE” (later identified as apprx. the 4 week mark). The following morning, I took another test and I got the same results…”NEGATIVE”. I ended up taking the three other tests scattered throughout the following week, and I got the same results as I did with the first two. So my next thought was to go to the OB/GYN, because I was starting to get this ‘strange little pain’ in my left side and I still did not have my period… When I arrived at the OB/GYN (later identified as apprx. the 6 week mark), of course, she had me do another pregnancy test as well as an exam. She said she, “could not find anything wrong, you’re not pregnant,” and to continue taking your birth control pills.

Later on, I ended up going to the ER because the pain on my left side was just getting so unbearable. The ER doctors (later identified as apprx. the 8 week mark) started doing some tests on me, in
cluding another pregnancy test but this time they performed a blood test and an ultra sound. They also told me that I was, “not pregnant”, and they did not have the answers to why I was having these pains.

Even though the ER doctor told me that the
re was nothing wrong, I felt the need to get another opinion from another doctor. That is when I found Dr. Spoon as my new OB/GYN. When we went and met with him (later identified as apprx. the 10 week mark), he wanted to do a bunch of blood work on me to find out the problem. The
first test he wanted to do was of course a
pregnancy test, the second was a thyroid test, and there were a few others but off hand I cant remember what they are. A week later, on September 10, 2009; I got a phone call at 8 in the morning, of course waking up my husband Chris. This was not a normal phone call that you get as a wake up call. The person on the phone was the nurse from Dr. Spoon’s office. I remember this conversation like it wa
s yesterday. She said “Hello Ashley, this is the nurse from Dr. Spoon’s office. I’m very sorry that we have not called you sooner, but I want to be the first to congratulate you. You are pregnant and we need to get you in the office as soon as possible.” After I got off the phone with the nurse, I tried to wake Chris up more. After I told him what the nurse had sa
id, he immediately sat-up, his eyes opened as if to see the entire world, got super excited, and we embraced for what seemed like forever.

The very next day we went to the Dr. Spoon’s office bright and early and we got to see our little baby through an ultra sound. That is a moment both of us will never forget. We also found out that we were 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant due to her being 9 ounces and 7 inches long, and tha
t we were due on March 30th, 2010. After we left the doctor’s office, we realized that our lives were going to be so different from this day on. Some women say you just know when you are pregnant… I did n
ot experience body aches, morning sickness, weight gain, mood swings, or appetite changes, but I still ‘knew’. I still knew I was pregnant, from the very beginning, it just took a matter of time for some educated doctor to confirm it. Nothing like a mother’s intuition…
11 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Comments =) Thank You!!