Saturday, May 7, 2011

Before I was a Mommy...

Before I was a Mommy,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I did not worry about whether or not
my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mommy,
I have never been puked on,
pooped on,
chewed on,
peed on.
I had complete control of my mind,
and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mommy...
I never held down a screaming child
so doctors could do tests,
or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got glorious happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours of the night
watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mommy...
I never held a sleeping baby just because
I did not want to put them down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew something so small
could affect my life so much.
I never knew I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would LOVE being a MOMMY!!

Before I was a Mommy,

I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body...
I didn't know how special it could feel
to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know how that bond
between a mother and her child.
I didn't know something so small
could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mommy,

I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never know the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartbeat,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a mom.

(I got this from an email that my Mama G sent me this past week!)


Thank You Christopher for making me a Mommy to two amazing babies!! I love you!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day!! And it only gets better!!! Thanks for joining the "Sit & Relax" weekend hop! See you next weekend. I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo sweet. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your family is adorable. Hang in there, the transition from 1 to 2 seemed way harder for me than the initial baby. But you seem to be doing great! Hoping you have a fantastic Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Love Comments =) Thank You!!